Fall 2017 Session Green SnowPro Trainings: Register today!
Green SnowPro : The cost for the Training is $100 per person for municipalities and $200 for private companies.
* 10/26 - Department of Public Works, Keene - FULL
* 11/7 - Audubon Society, Concord - FULL
* 11/29 - Municipal Center, Derry - FULL
Green SnowPro - Power of Salt Brine: (*counts toward Salt Applicator recertification training)The cost for the Training is $60 per person for municipalities and $120 for private companies.
* 10/10 - Fireside Inn, Lebanon
Green SnowPro Refresher: The cost for the Training is $25 per person for municipalities and $50 for private companies.
None scheduled at this time
Any questions regarding the UNH Technology Transfer Center salt applicator workshops should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-862-2826
New Hampshire Green SnowPro
The UNH T2 Center offers a full day Green SnowPro Training course focused on efficient and environmentally friendly winter maintenance practices. The course covers the basics of salt reduction including:
- Equipment Calibration
- Brine Making
- Pre-wetting with Brine and Other Liquids
- Effecient Application Rate Changes with Pavement Temperature
- Effective Plowing
- Emerging Technologies
- Salt Accounting
- Environmental Impacts
The course is approximately 4.5 hours of classroom instruction after which participants take a 30 minute exam to qualify for certification.
It is important to note that although the training is through the Technology Transfer Center, certification is provided by the NHDES.
Currently, there are over 1,000 individuals who have successfully completed the Green SnowPro Training.
Green SnowPro - Power of Salt Brine:
The UNH T2 Center offers this 4 hour Green SnowPro - Power of Salt Brine workshop focused on the uses, efforts and costs regarding Salt Brine. The course applies as continuing education towards the salt applicator certificate.
NHDES Salt Applicator Certification
Individuals who have attended the Green SnowPro Training and have passed the exam are eligible to apply for the voluntary NHDES Salt Applicator Certification per RSA 489-C and Code of Administrative Rules Env-Wq 2200. To obtain your certification from NHDES and obtain liability protection for you and your clients from slip and falls you must:
- Take the Green SnowPro Training workshop and pass the exam
- Annually apply to NHDES Click for Application Form (certification expires every June) There is No Fee to Apply!
- Every 2 years attend at least 2 hours of Professional Development Courses. Currently T2 offers a 2 hour refresher course and a 5 hour course on Salt Brine, which counts towards the Applicator Certificate.
- Annually log your total salt usage into the FREE Salt Management System.
- To ensure maximum liability protection also keep track of your activities for each storm event including each site visit, target application rates, weather conditions, and use of recommended best practices. You may use the free salt accounting system to track these records.
Want more information on the Salt Applicator certification?
NH Laws and Rules: