For assistance accessing these or any other documents or resources, please contact T2.Center@unh.edu.
NHDES Salt Reduction Webpage
NHDES Fact Sheets
- Road Salt & Water Quality
- Storage and Management of Deicing Materials
- Snow Disposal Guidelines
- Sodium Chloride in Drinking Water
- NH Groundwater Protection Act RSA 486-C
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) for Groundwater Protection
- Wastewater Discharges from Vehicle Washing
- Groundwater Rights & Groundwater Protection Act
New Hampshire Salt Reduction BMP Development
We are in the process of updating our website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access Best Management Practices documents on any of the below topics. These Best Management Practices (BMP) have been assembled as the result of a multi-year survey of the best and most applicable technology for New Hampshire Snow & Ice Management Professions. These documents have been reviewed by NHDES, NHDOT, FHWA, EPA and several New Hampshire communities including: Derry, Salem, Londonderry, and Windham. We are pleased to share this information with you upon request, as well as provide additional information to support salt reduction programs.
Training Materials for Best Management Practices for Winter Road, Parking Lot, and Sidewalk Maintenance
NH Road (Lane Mile) Application Rates
How Salt Works