UNH T2 provides Flagger Certification training through ATSSA! Our upcoming Flagger Certification courses can be viewed here.
Why consider ATSSA Flagger Certification?
NHDOT 2016 Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction Section 618 3.3 states “Flaggers. All flagging personnel shall be trained by a designated trainer at least once every four years. The course shall cover the topics outlined under 3.2.1. Each flagger shall receive from the designated trainer, a card or certificate that provides the date of training and the designated trainer’s name. Upon request by the Engineer, the Contractor and its Subcontractors shall provide verification of training within 48 hours. Any flagger who is trained by a designated trainer and changes employer, must be retrained by the new employer. Flaggers may elect to take a designated trainer course to meet the training requirements in this section, which would not expire with a change of employers.”
- Certification process is intended for those who are being certified for the first time, or whose certification expired due to non-renewal within four years of the original issue date
- To pursue ATSSA Flagger Certification through T2, you must:
- Attend T2's ATSSA Flagger Training workshop, and
- Completely fill out the contact information on the exam cover, and
- Successfully pass the exams administered at the workshop
- Your ATSSA certification card is valid for up to four (4) years.
- The recertification process is intended for those whose certification is through ATSSA and has not expired within 6 months prior to taking the renewal training.
- To remain certified, ATSSA requires recertification every four (4) years, you must complete ATSSA's recertification request form AND an ATSSA online exam. Note that at this time, UNH T2 is not offering Flagger Renewal courses.
What about other Flagger and Workzone training?
For questions about what is required in the state of NH for flagger training and certification, please reach out. We understand you may need to access Flagger training immediately and outside the timeframe we have something scheduled, and are providing the below list of online training webinars and resources for your convenience. Most of these are free for local road agency access! Note that except for the ATSSA course, we cannot speak to whether any of these meet any applicable requirements for flagger training, and these are not “certification” courses. We share these just for your review and awareness of resources that may be available but it is not all inclusive or a verification of the content as applicable to certification or requirement purposes.
TC3 Learning Modules (no cost)
National Highway Institute (no cost)
- Plan Reading: Traffic Control Plans
- Maintenance of Traffic for Technicians
- Maintenance of Traffic for Supervisors
ATSSA Flagger Certification (for fee)
TC3 Flagger Job Aids (no cost)
- Channeling Devices Checklist
- Flagger Training Proper Conduct Checklist
- Flagging Procedures Checklist
- Flagging Tips and Rules of Conduct
- Glossary of Terms- Maintenance of Traffic for Technicians
- High Visibility Safety Apparel NLTAPA Tailgate Talk
- Work zone Flagger Training TC3 Just-In-Time video